Wednesday 24 September 2014

Spuds, spuds, glorious spuds!!

Thank you, Mrs P, for inviting Room 1 to help you plant the potato crop.

The students learned a lot about compost, how potatoes have 'eyes' and sprout shoots and then becomes lots of new potatoes. We can't wait to help you dig them up next year.

We think you are awesome!
Here are some stories we wrote about our exciting gardening session.

Micol wrote, "Yesterday we planted potatoes. First we put them in the holes.  Then we covered them with soil.  Then it will grow into a big potato."

Maxi wrote, "On Tuesday we planted potatoes and we got a shovel.  We dug it so we could put the potatoes in the soil.  They will grow."



Charlotte O wrote, "I planted potatoes with Mrs Pearson.  I got my shovel.  I dug a big hole.  The potatoes had eyes on them.  I put the soil on the potatoes."                                                              















No comments: